+31 (0)70 311 7822
Our client is a fast-growing company that specialises in Ultra Low-Temperature (ULT) storage. Their products are used by leading corporations and organisations in the pharmaceutical, biotechnological, agricultural and life science industries.
Currently, they are looking for a Biorepository Supervisor to join the team in Amsterdam, Schiphol-Rijk. The successful candidate will report to the Operations Manager and will be supervising the daily activities of the Sample Technicians Team, supporting client projects, and ensuring that sample inventory is moved appropriately through the workflow.
Job Profile for Biorepository Supervisor
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Collaborate with Operations Manager and Quality Assurance (QA) department to build an infrastructure to effectively delegate team member activities
- Integrate new Sample Technicians into the Operations team and provide necessary training
- Assign tasks to ensure on-time customer service
- Solve problems for Sample Technicians if and when needed
- Ensure smooth transition through office work and hands-on related tasks to help and support operational staff
- Receive and ship Biological/Pharmaceutical materials
- Manage and monitor inventory, records, temperature monitoring equipment, etc.
- Support the management on equipment periodic maintenance
- Work cross-functionally with other departments
- Take responsibility for assigned client projects and relationships, including being one of the primary contacts
- Take responsibilities of a Sample Technician if needed and any other tasks assigned by the Operations Manager
- Validate new equipment, maintain and monitor repository-specific equipment
- Assist in optimising capacity management, planning, and both inbound and outbound activities
- Carry out other duties/projects as assigned
Candidate Profile for Biorepository Supervisor
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- 3+ years of experience in a warehouse environment
- Coursework in biology and/or chemistry with exposure to scientific laboratory equipment and experience with laboratory techniques preferred
- Some undergraduate coursework in basic sciences is preferred
- Previous experience in handling and safety of biohazardous materials is preferred
- Warehouse and inventory experience
- Expert user of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Good Documentation Practices and Good Distribution Practices is an advantage
- Adaptable to a very varied work environment
What Our Client Offers
- 25 paid vacation days
- Laptop (home office equipment)
- Pension plan: Both parties pay 4% in contribution
- Discretionary bonus – up to 10 % based on company and individual performance
- Commuting expenses reimbursed
- Excellent opportunity to be part of a fast-growing company
- Opportunity to learn more about the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry
- International work environment
Already imagine yourself in this position? To make the first step, click Apply or email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates may be required to present references and diplomas, and may have a background check done as a part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team