Call: +31 (0)70 3117822
Our international client, one of the world's foremost leadership advisory consulting firms, is now hiring a Business Development Analyst for their Industrial Practice EMEA to be based in Amsterdam.
Our client has advised some of the world’s largest industrial organisations , among them the leaders in Natural Resources, Infrastructure, Process Industries, Transportation Logistics and Services and Engineered Products and Solutions. The Industrial Practice operates within a global network, spanning strategic markets worldwide.
The Business Development (BD) Analyst is responsible for producing insightful company, industry and/or functional analysis that differentiates the firm from BD situations and helps to deepen their client relationships. This includes building insight to support client pursuit strategies and deliverables, such as qualifications packages, RFPs and Get Smarts. The Analyst is to provide ‘hands-on’ business development and content creation support to the Industrial Practice and its members.
Job Profile for Business Development Analyst
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Support the creation of business development content and insights for pitches, relationship building, and strategic account planning
- Use business research resources and the firm's knowledge to develop “get smart” packages that go beyond “canned” content to provide an insightful understanding of the potential client's organisation and industry. Synthesise information succinctly and clearly so that it is easily incorporated into client-ready documents
- Surface cross-selling opportunities by researching key trigger points for Leadership Advisory Services. Integrate associated conversation starters into business development materials, where relevant
- Assist in the creation of qualifications packs for new business development initiatives/pitches. Develop sophisticated and insightful presentation materials, in partnership with consultant teams, the BD Center of Excellence Team Leader and/or Practice Manager
- Contribute to the long list ideas for calibration in pitches by leveraging internal and external resources to identify potential prospects
- Conduct analyses to develop insight about clients, competitors, how processes produce better outcomes, what the best candidates/ leaders look like and how the placements perform
- Share learnings from pitches and business development initiatives across the BD team to ensure the firm is continuously refining and improving their processes, responsiveness and pitch effectiveness
- Conduct research to support the creation of intellectual capital/value adding thought pieces for use by BD and delivery teams
- Synthesise internal and external information to generate previously untapped insights/opportunities, giving the firm a competitive edge in the marketplace
Candidate Profile for Business Development Analyst
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken. Other languages are an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree is a must
- 2+ years of business experience, ideally in global professional services or consulting firm; knowledge of or a strong interest in leadership and talent consulting is a plus
- 2+ years of qualitative and/or quantitative business research experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Deliver research-driven, client-ready insights in a visual, impactful way
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Passion for research and delivering timely, high-quality results
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a track record of performing business research and presenting impactful findings
- Excellent multitasker, ability to work under pressure, and thrive in fast-paced environments where competing demands are the norm
What Our Client Offers
- Become part of a dynamic team in a highly international working environment
- Pension contribution
- Health insurance contribution
- 26 vacation days
- Daily free in-house lunches
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team