+31 (0)70 3117822
Our client is the holding entity of a group of 90+ business units (BUs) active in the field of vertical market software (B2B, industry-specific software companies). Those BUs function as decentralised operating entities, each focusing on a specific niche market with a specific product offering. Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) is a strategic priority for our client, which as an investment holding entity is responsible for governance oversight and execution of the acquisition strategy.
They are currently looking for a Business Development Specialist to join their team in Utrecht.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying prospects in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and potentially other Central and Eastern European (CEE) countries. The Business Development Specialist represents the front-end of the acquisition process. This includes mapping and analysing the Czech and Slovakian vertical software market, extending the pipeline of qualified M&A leads and getting in contact with prospects.
Job Profile for Business Development Specialist
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Initiate outbound prospecting calls, email and social media communication to identify and connect with new target companies in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and other CEE countries
- Visit trade shows and industry events to initiate contacts with prospective targets
- Use Marketing and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) data to build and maintain existing relationships with key stakeholders/decision-makers
- Follow up on outbound and inbound prospect activities in a timely manner
- Conduct first-line interactions with companies (primarily by telephone and face to face in the future) in order to qualify potential targets
- Document meetings/communication in the form of notes and interactions; administer efforts in Salesforce
Candidate Profile for Business Development Specialist
- Must be fluent in Czech and English, both written and spoken. Fluency in Slovak is highly preferred
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering, Commercial Sciences and/or Marketing
- Possess a degree of financial literacy and be able to understand financial concepts
- 1-3 years of experience in a sales/business development role (preferably business-to-business)
- Have experience with (online) research and CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce)
- Experience with software and/or technology-enabled businesses
- Knowledge of (key) financials
- Self-starter with a proactive personality who can work independently and remotely from the team; eager to learn
- Structured and methodological in their approach
- Capable of working with targets, no 9 to 5 mentality
- Possess commercial skills and sales affinity, able to establish contact with senior executives at target companies who are unfamiliar with the organisation
- Willing to travel internationally
What Our Client Offers
- Attractive compensation package, including a tailored incentive scheme based on individual and team performance
- 25 holidays
- Pension plan contribution
- Contribution towards commuting expenses
- Extensive on-the-job training
- Highly international work environment and opportunity to work in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions
- Opportunity to grow into a more outbound role in a quickly-developing company
Already imagine yourself in this position? To make the first step, click Apply or email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team