Call: +31 (0)70 3117822
Our client, a start-up tech company specialising in carrier cargo is looking for a Carrier Account Manager.
In the current market, the trucking companies (carriers) are struggling with growing demand due to the lack of drivers and increased congestion. Fuel rates are also going up, which means that all transport rates are skyrocketing. This is a serious peril for the market. The solution that our client offers is a more efficient use of the existing assets (trucks) of larger trucking companies.
As an Carrier Account Manager for carriers in Amsterdam you are responsible for building a trusted and early adopter network of carriers that are engaged to our vision. In order to build a strong relationship with our carriers, your biggest reward is sharing the vision of our clients, and create partnerships along the way.
Business wise you are on top of your game, and you are also able to build a personal relationship in a very short period of time. Your skills will also enable you to connect with the key decision makers of a transport company, furthermore also connect to the relevant planner ensuring the commercial and operational plans are executed perfectly.
Job Profile for Carrier Account Manager
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Find new carriers and setting personal meetings
- Relation management with our existing carrier base
- National and international expansion of the carrier network
- Negotiate competitive prices and agreements with carriers
- Promoting IT connections with carrier base
Candidate Profile for Carrier Account Manager
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both written and spoken
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Supply Chain/Logistics/Manufacturing or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of commercial sales work experience in the trucking industry
- Minimum of 3 years of business development / entrepreneurial experience in the trucking industry
- Acquainted with Dutch culture specific norms and feel comfortable navigating the local etiquette
- Divine communicator and love convincing people of your cause
- Built and establish processes in your previous roles and know that a problem often just requires a process in order to be fixed
- Experience in the use of CRM software
- A go-getter
- Well-organised and knows exactly what your next step is when you follow up
- Charismatic and people feel naturally drawn to you
- Motivated by challenges and get a kick out of starting something new
What Our Client Offers
- Generous monthly allowance for travel and food expenses
- Access to fresh fruit, good coffee, healthy snacks and a fully stocked beer fridge for Friday celebrations
- Weekly Yoga in the office and optional company holidays and team building activities
- International and diverse team all with a passion to make the world a better place
- Office HQ in Amsterdam is based in B. Amsterdam, which provides a range of other benefits which you can make use of eg;
- In-house gym membership
- Daily prepared lunch and dinner on site in the local canteen
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team