Call: +31 (0)70 3117822
Our international client, one of the world’s foremost leadership advisory consulting firms, is now hiring a Client Development Manager, EMEA focused on Financial Services in Amsterdam.
The Client Development Manager (CDM) leads key business development and operational support in the region, leading and coordinating the creation of insightful, differentiating pitch content and market insights. The primary role of the CDM is to provide ‘hands-on’ business development to steer and deliver client engagement content in support to the EMEA Financial Services Practice and its members.
The CDM will be part of the Client Development Team (CDT), which works in close collaboration with consulting teams and other cross-functional teams to help acquire, organise, analyse and create the knowledge that enables our client to deliver competitive and differentiating materials for its clients.
Job Profile for Client Development Manager
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Be the go-to “face” of the CD Team for the EMEA Financial Practice, providing high-touch, hands-on support to consultants in support of regional/local Business Development efforts
- Act as CD Team “quarterback”, facilitating the business development processes and directing practice aligned CDT analysts to develop research on key industry sectors, companies and executives for specific opportunities and proactive initiatives
- Partner closely with Financial Services consultants to create insightful, customised qualification packs and pitch materials for new business development opportunities
- Obtain a solid understanding of the potential clients, including specific information regarding their industry, competitive landscape, strengths & weaknesses and more and use this information to customise their presentation approach
- Identify opportunities to leverage existing knowledge/insight/data/analytics to support Business Development and pursuit activities
- Maintain current awareness of news and issues associated with key client engagements and market opportunities and share that information and knowledge within the Practice and CDT in a timely way
- Work with CDT Leader, Practice Leaders (PLs) and Practice Manager (PM) to identify priority areas for proactive analysis
- Drive research/data/analysis/content to understand the practice’s competitive landscape and conduct research regarding white space and/or areas of potential growth
- Partner with the Marketing team to develop intellectual capital program (external-facing publications) for the practice, leveraging knowledge and trends from Business Development support efforts to inform marketing strategies and plans
Candidate Profile for Client Development Manager
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken. Business fluency in Dutch, German, French or Mandarin is a plus
- Has at least an undergraduate degree, a master’s degree is a plus
- 6+ years of experience in financial services and a good understanding of the financial services industry
- Experience in a Consulting environment is required, and/or a previous role involving significant client service and the management of several projects, under tight timelines
- Is accustomed to an environment where competing demands are the norm
- Previous experience managing business development and content creation activities
- Previous experience managing operational activities and processes, ideally experience with managing a small team of analysts
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills, outlining key tasks and reviewing performance and progress on projects/pursuit deliverables on a regular basis to ensure the team is achieving results
- Takes initiative to create and develop enduring relationships with senior leaders, practice members and team members; builds trust as a reliable thought-partner to senior stakeholders
- Operates in a highly engaged and hands-on way, resolving conflicts by discussing individual issues with each person
- Works with the CDT leader, PM and fellow CDMs to set specific business development support goals for the team. Maintains general awareness of progress over time
- Evaluates task performance and provides timely, learning-oriented feedback
- Excellent presentation, writing, PowerPoint and Excel skills
What Our Client Offers
- Pension contribution
- Health insurance contribution
- 26 vacation days
- Travel expenses (for employees living more than 10 km away from the office)
- To become part of a dynamic team in a highly international working environment
- Free in-house lunches
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team