Call: +31 (0)70 3117822
Our client provides a full suite of managed services, connectivity, and cloud-based products. They focus on delivering quality infrastructure, services and support, and they give their customers the ability to allocate more resources toward our client’s core business.
They are looking for a Data Centre Manager who will be responsible for the enterprise class colocation facility located in The Hague.
Additionally, this position is responsible to deliver 99.999% uptime during each calendar year for critical building systems (e.g. electrical, mechanical, security, fire protection, etc.), and provide professional and problem-free services to the customers.
Job Profile for Data Centre Manager
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, and reporting of the data centre
- Advises on facility maintenance programs as well as equipment and system operations
- Mechanical and electrical support for power distribution, UPS, generators, HVAC, heat rejection systems and fire systems
- Maintenance, troubleshooting and operation of infrastructure systems
- Support facility design and construction
- Help develop, implement and improve maintenance standards that support site operations
- Ensure subcontractors adhere to standards, schedules and specifications
- Conduct daily checklist of data centre to ensure all equipment is in proper working condition
- Produce weekly operations reports
- Assist quarterly and yearly audits including facility access, power, inventory, and ISO
- Continue to develop new processes and procedures to continuously improve overall operations and drive standardisation as the business develops and changes
- Manage supplier relations and source new ones when necessary
- Drive efficiencies and cost cutting initiatives
Candidate Profile for Data Centre Manager
- Must be fluent in Dutch & English, both written and spoken
- Must have 1-5 years’ experience in a technical environment including data centre experience
- Be able to operate, troubleshoot and do maintenance of Mission Critical Mechanical and/or Electrical Support Systems is required
- Experienced using test equipment to evaluate and troubleshoot equipment operations
- Current and expanding knowledge of best-in-class industry ITIL best practices
- Strong process orientation. This position requires highly analytical assessment, optimisation, and documentation capabilities
- Must be able to work autonomously, address any issues that arise day-or-night, and provide on-call support in case of emergencies or other off-hours issues
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Knowledge of routing and switching is a benefit
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Systems is a plus
What Our Client Offers
- Semi-annual bonus (company bonus and individual targets bonus)
- 25 days paid vacation, sick leave
- 1-2 trips per year to Miami for team training
- Free parking
- Travel costs compensated (1st class with the train)
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team