+31 (0)70 3117822
Our client is a Software Development company that makes the world of work, better for the people. They deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity.
They are now looking for a Data Centre Operations Engineer to join their Service Engineering team in Amsterdam that is responsible for the global infrastructure design, standards, operations and architecture.
Job Profile for Data Centre Operations Engineer
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Implement, communicate, execute and assist with procedures including day to day operations, asset management, deployments, and hardware break-fixes
- Install pre-integrated racks, individual servers and network appliances including stacking, wiring, cable management and equipment labelling
- Perform basic hands-on hardware break-fix with servers and network appliances
- Take part in the documentation and evangelise a catalogue of standards and best practices for data centre operations
- Function as the primary point of contact and be accountable for all vendors who operate inside of our client’s data centres
Candidate Profile for Data Centre Operations Engineer
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken. Fluency of Dutch is a plus
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data centre operations with a record of increasing role responsibility
- General knowledge of data centre facilities and infrastructure including power, HVAC, structured cabling, rack management and security
- Working knowledge of networking/server architecture and hardware
- Experience managing vendors in a data centre environment
- Process-oriented and experienced in process development
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to multi-task several unrelated issues
- General documentation skills with particular emphasis on technical processes and standards
- Knowledge and experience in IT Infrastructure Library process methodologies is a plus
- Proven ability to function independently in ambiguous situations with a record of success
- Excellent customer focus, problem-solving, conflict management, time management and interpersonal skills required
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally
What Our Client Offers
- Ability to grow and develop within a highly-innovative company
- 25 vacation days
- Pension Plan
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team