+31 (0)70 311 7822
Our international client is a global Fortune 500 company leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technology.
They are currently expanding and are looking for a Data Centre Technician to join their team in Amsterdam.
Job Profile for Data Centre Technician
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Prepare, stage, set up, and perform startups and shutdowns (e.g., racks, hard drives, switches) according to specific instructions, checklists, guides, standard protocols, and emails
- Perform post-execution quality checks and verify that grounding, staging, labelling, and cabling are set up properly according to safety protocols, deployment standards, and planned Network Design Tasks (NDTs)
- Make diagnostics and troubleshooting following standard procedures, quickly identify the cause(s) of issues, and replace faulty components
- Decommission hardware for simple change and refresh (e.g., memory upgrades, OS rebuilds) following standard procedures with minimal guidance
- Follow procedure to communicate, report, and escalate incidents to appropriate Data Centre Technician Leads
Candidate Profile for Data Centre Technician
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of experience supporting IT equipment or related technology
- Previous Data Centre experience is a plus
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware, servers, and components
- Up-front understanding of how to use Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Flexible to work non-standard business hours that may include weekends and/or holidays
What Our Client Offers
- 27 days annual leave, including all Dutch public holidays
- Pension plan
- Travel allowance
- Work in a dynamic, international environment
- State-of-the-art technology working experience
- Be part of a team that is changing the world
Already imagine yourself in this position? To make the first step, click Apply or email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates may be required to present references and diplomas, and may have a background check done as a part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team