Call: +31 (0)70 3117822
Our client is building the next generation travel company. They are looking to expand their Travel Success department and are looking for a Destination Development Manager. They are a team of experienced travel entrepreneurs based in Palo Alto, California and recently central Amsterdam. They are on a mission to improve the way people plan their travel. They previously built leading travel apps including TripAdvisor and EveryTrail, and since 2015 they’ve been working on their next big adventure. In the past they have built some of the world's most successful travel apps, with hundreds of millions of users. However, while they like today's online travel products, they feel that something is missing so they started working on a new idea. Since they are a young, fast-growing company there will be many opportunities to grow with them.
If you’re passionate about travel and customer service, have excellent communication skills and have lots of energy to help people plan amazing trips, this may be your dream job!
Job Profile for Destination Development Manager
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Set destination KPIs and track progress, course-correcting where necessary
- Identify, recruit, and build strong relationships with exceptional local inbound tour operators to best serve their travellers’ needs
- Map out the optimal destination marketing approach, both through paid advertising and published content to generate SEO
- Work with key local partners to develop and implement a growth plan through company
- Support their Traveller Success team in their efforts to ensure quality in traveller interactions
- Flag key gaps in their product offerings to travellers aligned with company’s overall strategic objectives, and collaborate with local partners to fill them
- Efficiently and effectively work closely with other teams to ensure destination-level goals are achieved
- Leverage company’s roadmap for destination development, and apply lessons learned to help the team improve future efforts
- Occasional travel is part of the job
Candidate Profile for Destination Development Manager
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Strong business or product development/sales background in the tourism industry is a must
- Experience working with clients from the US market is required
- Able to manage various projects simultaneously and to keep track of the targets for each one of them
- Willing to support other teams when needed and to help them increase performance rates
- Excellent communicator, able to build relationships with (potential) clients/partners/colleagues from various backgrounds
- Willing to travel occasionally as part of the job
What Our Client Offers
- Great opportunity to work in a fast-growing, next generation travel company
- Be one of the first team members to join the Amsterdam team
- Great travel opportunities to the client’s office in California and other trip destinations
- Opportunity to grow within the organisation
- Work in a dynamic international team
- Travel costs are reimbursed
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team