+31 (0)70 311 7822
Our client is a global leader in strategic meeting and event management. From Satellite Symposiums through Hybrid Meetings and Congresses, to Fully Virtual, they specialise in making high impact meetings that deliver a tailored and unique approach to suit every specific need.
Due to their expansion, they are currently looking for Director/Business Unit Lead (Meetings & Events) to join their Management team.
The Director/Business Unit Lead will be the driving force behind the growth, profitability and operational excellence of our client’s Meetings & Events (M&E) business unit. You will be responsible for achieving the delivery and profitability of the M&E business, making recommendations for strategic investments and resource allocations and undertaking related commercial activities.
The scope of the role covers the following main areas: Strategic Roadmap of the M&E division (Developing and creating new products and services that meet unmet client needs); Combining operational excellence with state-of-the-art (strategic) advice around Strategic Meetings Management; M&E profitability; Commercial focus; and Talent Development/Retention.
The Director/Business Unit Lead will be a member of the Management Team.
Job Profile for Director/Business Unit Lead (Meetings & Events)
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Strategic Leadership in driving development of M&E Business Unit
- Align with the company’s goals to be the frontrunner in the area of Strategic Meetings Management within the Life Sciences arena
- Ensure flawless execution, alongside robust, innovative, and strategic savvy advice from the team’s professionals, leaning on the 30+ years of experience of the organisation, along with the vision and prediction of what the future could look like
Operational Excellence/M&E Profitability
- Develop and execute the business plan for the M&E Business Unit (including virtual/hybrid), in line with the strategic company goals, that will outline a picture of how to move forward in the coming year to reach agreed targets and goals. Plan to include the unique business proposition for M&E, including investments needed (including resource allocation)
- Identify key drivers for effective performance and develop (performance) targets in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Work closely with the CFO to monitor financial objectives for projects, approve budgets and monitor overall performance in contribution to the profitability of the organisation
- Provide clear and effective communication with key stakeholders across the organisation – report on operational performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and maintain them within the team
- Focus on the management of the current business and the expansion of new business/new clients
- Leverage relationships with key client stakeholders to generate business growth
Candidate Profile for Director/Business Unit Lead (Meetings & Events)
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken. Fluency in other languages is a plus
- HBO/University level education in Creative Strategy/Digitalisation/Communications/ Strategic Meetings Management/Creative Arts, Media or similar
- 10+ years of experience in a senior-level management or staff position
- Strong financial experience – budgeting, forecasting, interpreting financial data
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and executing long-term strategies to create high-quality, attendee-focused experiences
- Solid background in event design and execution (or strongly related), including large scale in-person events and virtual/hybrid events, including webinars and congresses
- Industry knowledge of emerging trends in event design, particularly with new technologies and the use of social media to drive event engagement
- Demonstrated analytical and organisational skills with the ability to impart this information to key stakeholders using technology/data analytics
- Creative mindset with an entrepreneurial affinity
- High-level computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Proficient with current technologies in the design field
What Our Client Offers
- Attractive compensation package
- Annual performance bonus
- 35 paid vacation days
- Pension plan
- Travel expenses fully reimbursed
- Business travel expenses are fully covered
- Mobile phone
- Hybrid working model
- Free on-site parking
- International work environment
Already imagine yourself in this position? To make the first step, click Apply or email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team