Call: +31 (0)70 3117822
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Director of Manufacturing interested in a plant based environment located in Aalsmeer. Our client is focused on organic, sustainable, hydroponics and urban gardening.
Our client generates an annual revenue exceeding 3 billion dollars in consumer based gardening. They are a large international company based in the United States and the Netherlands team is between 40-50 individuals.
The Netherlands area of the company specializes in lights for green houses and plant growth. An ideal candidate has a background in electronics and the ability to speak passionately about the products offered. Our client offers a family like environment and fantastic benefits.
If this sounds like something you would be thrilled to pursue, please apply immediately.
Job Profile for Director of Manufacturing
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Manage an integrated Business Unit consisting of High Volume Manufacture of Commercial lighting products. The Director is responsible for the following functions:
- Establish short and long-range strategic operating objectives that impact gross margin
- Responsible for quality, safety, service and throughput
- Provide guidance to team on the development and implementation of all aspects of World Class Operations – Safety, People, Quality, Delivery, Cost
- Develop operating budgets, capital plans, cash flow budgets that support the company initiatives
- Initiate and lead major projects (e.g. plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.)
- Lead the development of long term strategy plans to improve in all facets of the supply chain
- Ensure that the company safety programs are in place and adhered to policies
- Work closely with the sales team in the region to insure excellent service to our customers
- Maintain tracking systems for key performance areas such as regional safety, quality, financials, and customer service. In turn this data should be used for communication to direct reports as well as corporate. It also should be used to troubleshoot any problematic areas, coach, and recognize successes
- Develop the manufacturing plan and establish standard operating procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established quality standards
- Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards
Candidate Profile for Director of Manufacturing
- Must be fluent in Dutch and English, with strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree focused in Engineering (highly preferred), Supply Chain, Manufacturing or other related field. Master’s degree highly preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years overall manufacturing experience with focus on budgetary, capital planning
- Experience working in an international corporation
- Strong experience in manufacturing of electronic goods
- P&L responsibilities, continuous improvement, purchasing, distribution, associate development, and safety
- Ability to effectively manage a high caliber team of individuals in a fast-paced and seasonal environment
- Availability to travel around 15% of the time
- Strong interpersonal skills with an understanding of diverse backgrounds and an emphasis on communication: training, team building, negotiation skills
- Interdepartmental interaction, leadership and supervision (motivation, directing) and management (planning, budgeting)
What Our Client Offers
- Opportunity to develop long-term career
- Company pension plan – 50/50 split
- 28 vacation days
- Travel allowance when you live more than 15 km away
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team