+31 (0)70 3117822
Our international client, a world-leading organisation in the IT/Software market, is now hiring an Electrical Test Engineer for their quantum lab in Delft.
Our client is exploring and developing the next generation of quantum hardware, based on topologically protected quantum bits. The research combines the physics of superconducting circuits and semiconductor electronics. You can play a key role in the development of a ground-breaking approach to quantum computing.
We are looking for an Electrical Test Engineer to scale cryogenic electrical test capability. You will be expected to run standardised measurements with both standard and custom equipment, analyse and report results, and collaborate with software developers to improve measurement and analysis code.
Job Profile for Electrical Test Engineer
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Typical tasks and rhythm:
- Hands-on work with low-noise DC and AC electronics and cryostats
- Use/write computer code to control measurements and perform analysis
- Debug electronics and computer code (Python)
- Summarise and report results
Priority of tasks and time spent:
- Run, analyse, and report standardised electrical measurements – 75%
- Implement new measurements in code or improve the implementation of existing measurements – 25%
- Daily interaction to assess measurement results
- 2-3 times per week interaction to discuss implementation of new measurements
- Daily interaction with other characterisation engineers, process development engineers, and software developers to coordinate and execute measurements and development work
Candidate Profile for Electrical Test Engineer
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Have a Master’s degree in electrical engineering or physics with minimum 2 years of work experience with semiconductor parametric testing or relevant research experience during PhD (straight out of a relevant PhD)
- Minimum 1 year of experience being responsible for running lab equipment, such as probe stations, cryostats, vacuum equipment, or other equipment common to electrical engineering or condensed matter physics labs
- Minimum 1 year of experience handling and testing Electrostatic-Sensitive Devices (ESD)
- Experience with Python control of lab equipment and Git version control
- Hands-on experience using lock-in amplifiers, solid understanding of Hall effect, Field effect and basics of semiconductor physics
- Experience using analogue current amplifiers is advantageous
- Strong team mentality and enthusiasm to work in a diverse, international team
What Our Client Offers
- Work in a dynamic, international environment
- Be part of a passionate and driven team
- Travel allowance
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team