+31 (0)70 3117822
Our Client is an IT and Media company built on the idea that today's world has no simple answer and requires solutions that are multidimensional and grounded in evidence. The company is working on an exciting global project related to Geography Information Systems (GIS). That’s why they are looking to hire a GIS Mapping City/Country Specialist for the BENELUX area.
You will join the team working on map editing – keeping them up-to-date and practicable. Responsibilities will include handling end-user issues or testing geographic results of user queries submitted via the Web Search Maps interface. The role entails continued improvement of the user transit experience, development and maintenance of transit data pipeline and keeping them as real as possible in the applicable region of work.
Please note that this is a remote position.
Job Profile for GIS Mapping City/Country Specialist
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve project goals
- Create city level transit data modelling policies based on the market needs and local regulations
- Identify transit user expectations, user journey issues and data gaps and provide product insights
- Leverage local familiarity and make changes in the data model to improve and solve user issues
- Validate the quality of new and updated data in the data management platform
- Make necessary edits for all transit data types
- Field escalations of complex or edge-case data issues from internal teams and resolve appropriately including creating bugs for external teams
- Assist Program Managers to communicate with the Partner/Provider about required data fixes or inform about problematic data areas
- Conduct city field research to determine the ground truth of transit issues and user problems
- Develop outages and alerts capabilities in the assigned city
- Manage city-specific data pipelines through the transit data management platform, including updating pipelines using basic programming skills
- Create guideline documents with country-specific insights for use by operators
- Update existing general policy by including country-specific inputs
- Apply existing mapping policies to their specific country, providing insights into traffic laws, landmarks, political modelling and key mapping features
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the data, processes, tools and policy (applicable to all processes/data types), translate and interpret comments and actions from various sources (e.g. Users)
- Troubleshoot problems based on instructions, training and context
- Review mapping operations issues for quality checks, related to specific countries of expertise
- Point of contact for mapping operations on country-specific questions
- Perform Formative Learning Audit (FLA), review operations work and identify operational errors at scale
- Evaluate import data from the Import Engineering team before ingestion
- Work with other internal teams to ensure that the correct political format for the country is utilised
Candidate Profile for GIS Mapping City/Country Specialist
- Must be fluent in Dutch and English, both written and spoken
- 1 to 3 years of experience
- Proficiency in GIS mapping tools and SME with deep knowledge of the city/country's transit/traffic network
- Technological savviness – with basic programming skills (java, C#, C++ and Python)
- Knowledge of traffic laws, landmarks, political modelling and key mapping features of the city/country
- Comfortable with a rapidly-changing environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail
What our Client Offers
- Pension contribution
- Medical insurance
- 25 vacation days
- Laptop and an allowance for mobile data
- An opportunity to grow and develop in an international company
Already imagine yourself in this position? To make the first step, click Apply or email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team