Call: +31 (0)70 3117822
Would you like to join a team of great professionals?
Our client is the world’s largest company providing oilfield services and technology products within the oil and gas industry, with a presence in more than 80 countries worldwide and over 90 years market experience. They are currently looking for a HSE Specialist to join their team in IJmuiden.
Please note that the permanent location for the role will be Ijmuiden or Coevorden but you will be required to make frequent travels between the different locations.
Job Profile for HSE Specialist
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop Managers’ awareness and ensure HSE is an integral part of Line Management responsibilities and objectives
- Assist Line Management in:
- Understanding and implementing the HSE Management System
- Monitoring HSE objectives
- Liaising with local contractors, and agencies regarding HSE
- Assessing the local risks
- Generating local HSE procedures, work instructions and checklists as required
- Preparing and monitoring HSE plans that define how the HSE Management System is implemented at location level
- Monitoring compliance to policies, standards and procedures
- Plan and assist in compliance audits and self-audits (HSE MS, HSE and Product Line standards)
- Advise Management on corrective action required
- Coordinate and actively participate in the screening and HSE training of all personnel, including contractors
- Keep abreast of any new documentation and training material related to HSE and to inform management accordingly
- Ensure that the relevant HSE documentation is updated and available on the site
- Advise Management on the level of compliance of the local HSE program, local and national requirements/regulations of the host country
- Actively monitor and follow-up on HSE reports and facilitate LPT meetings, HSE audits
- Support line management in investigations of failures and accidents
- Develop and maintain a high level of awareness among all personnel through communications, training, and by promoting active involvement of employees in HSE
- Recommend improvements to the HSE program
- Regular Quest reviews to ensure the logged data is correct and up to date
- Analyse HSE trends for the location
Candidate Profile for HSE Specialist
- Fluent in Dutch, both written and spoken. Basic English is also required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience; degree in a related field such as: occupational health & safety and/or environmental science/management, is a plus
- Hands-on experience with the implementation of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Management Systems (certification is also a must)
- NEBOSH qualification
- Radiation Protection Advisor (RPA) L3 qualification
- Oil and gas industry experience
- Experience in radiation and explosives compliance is an advantage
- HSE recognised as strength by peer and manager
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Have a driving licence is mandatory as is needed to drive to all the different locations in the Netherlands
What Our Client Offers
- 25 holiday days
- Pension plan
- €80 health care allowance
- Travel allowance
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team