+31 (0)70 311 7822
Our international client, one of the world’s foremost managing consulting firms, is now hiring an Industrial Practice Manager, to join their office in Amsterdam.
In the role, you will be a “Chief of Staff” to the global practice leadership team and will have a particular focus on leading the strategic planning process (including strategic-client review and selection), improving the practice’s business development capability, and managing practice operations. This focus will enable their people and teams to consistently serve clients distinctively.
This individual will act as a trusted advisor and management ‘muscle’ for the Global Practice Leader (GPL), representing them in meetings and initiatives to help facilitate progress and decision making. The Practice Manager will engage with the Global Practice Leadership, consultant base and key business stakeholders across the network.
Reports to Global Practice Leader and Client Development Team Leader (Americas or EMEA/APAC).
Job Profile for Industrial Practice Manager
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Partner with the Global Practice Leaders, Regional/Global Sector Leaders to develop and fine-tune the business and strategic-account strategies and plan for the practice across all regions and sectors
- Segment the industrial market landscape into high priority categories that matter to clients
- Adopt a long-term perspective about the industrial practice, customer segments, and the long-term trends influencing the external environment
- Develop hypotheses or alternative scenarios of how critical market dynamics will play out beyond the year and use these to set challenging business development goals for the practice
- Translate business goals into well-defined performance metrics and plans and communicate regularly about related goals and activities
- Think beyond annual goals, understand how to build concrete impact in the near-term and long-term time frame
- Lead a proactive analysis to identify trends, insights, and whitespaces that represent commercial opportunities for the practice
Business and Client Development
- Collaborate with Client Development Managers to ensure the creation of best-in-class, compelling client materials for high-importance client meetings/situations
- Monitor and report on the practice’s strategic client portfolio, do yearly assessments with the Global Practice Leader on whether portfolio additions/deletions are required
- Ensure that frameworks and templates exist to improve the professional management of clients and share the best practices globally
- Work closely with strategic-client relationship leaders to ensure business development plans are executed promptly
- Monitor/track the opportunity pipeline (business development, potential new business opportunities), keep track of business development activities and anticipated bookings across the practice
- Support Practice Leadership in the day-to-day operations – practice performance and metrics, budgeting, forecasting, outcome models, meeting planning, communication and onboarding of new colleagues
- Liaise between the practice and the Firm, serve as a “go-to” resource, share/promote best practices across the network
- Partner with the Finance Team to drive all business analysis and planning for the practice, handle financials, reporting, ad hoc analysis, and presentations for the different company bodies/constituencies
- Partner with GPLs and practice leadership in the creation of plans, budgets, and forecasts, actively monitor and report on the practice performance
- Organise internal/external events, core group calls/meetings, and global/regional practice meetings, create agendas and prepare key presentations
Collaboration & Influencing
- Invite and use the opinions, perspectives, and best practices of others within the practice and other stakeholders, to influence/drive engagement
- Ensure global/cultural viewpoints are considered, and shape the way forward
- Engage practice members across regions in a dialogue to gain commitment and bring them “on board” to business development and practice’s initiatives, linking their perspective to the intent
- Take initiative to create and foster enduring relationships with senior leaders, practice members, and corporate team members
Candidate Profile for Industrial Practice Manager
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken. Fluency in additional language(s) is a plus
- Undergraduate degree, a Master’s degree would be a plus
- Minimum 10 years of consulting or professional services experience, ideally within the industrial sector
- Proven experience managing business development activities and processes
- Experience working in a client strategy or business development function is a must
- Capable of managing operational activities and processes
- Able to manage data/finance/performance reporting for a business, function or department
- Strong sense of urgency and process-oriented approach towards business development and client management
- Excellent presentation, writing, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Open, flexible, and highly effective communicator who can build relationships, establish credibility, and influence with ease
What Our Client Offers
- Pension contribution
- Health insurance contribution
- 26 vacation days
- Become part of a dynamic team in a highly international working environment
Already imagine yourself in this position? To make the first step, click Apply or email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team