Call: +31 (0)70 3117822
Our client is the provider of an online e-commerce platform, which accommodates the products of approximately one million merchants. More than 500 million customers globally use the platform to fulfil their shopping needs of all kinds. Our client’s offer goods ranging from clothes and fashion accessories to domestic products and the latest technological gadgets.
Currently, our client is expanding their business in Europe and is looking for a VAT & Compliance Manager (EMEA) to join their team in Amsterdam.
Are you looking for a job in a super dynamic and international environment, where you will be able to take the initiative and ownership of your projects? If this job sounds like a match, then this is the right place for you.
Job Profile for VAT & Compliance Manager (EMEA)
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Work in a quickly changing environment, e.g. EU and individual member states legislative changes and communication to/requirements from the tax authorities
- Manage relationships with third party Compliance partners and advisors; ensure that regulatory requirements, deadlines and other compliance aspects are met
- Ensure full compliance of administration, reporting of VAT and Duty, and all tax payments
- Monitor changes in EU tax legislation related to the importation, storage of owned/consigned goods that could have an impact on the company and manage the introduction of these changes throughout the business
- Provide VAT support on transactions and projects supporting tax planning and optimisation projects to increase efficiency
- Monitor compliance against EU tax risk/management policies
- Coordinate, facilitate and host internal and external tax reviews and audits
Candidate Profile for VAT & Compliance Manager (EMEA)
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken. Fluency in Dutch or German is an advantage
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Economics, Accounting, Tax and/or related field
- 4 years of related work experience
- Strong knowledge of EU VAT and Duty
- Excellent understanding of financial concepts and transactions and basic statutory accounting skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organisational skills and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Highly results-focused with strong attention to detail
- Excellent team player, able to develop relationships with colleagues and peers, and build productive working relationships across functional areas
What Our Client Offers
- Travel allowance is reimbursed (up to €200 per month)
- Pension scheme (after 26 weeks of employment)
- 25 vacation days per year
- Working in a young, multicultural team
- Extensive training opportunities
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team