+31 (0)70 311 7822
Our client, a highly respected and extremely prestigious world leader in integrated energy and chemicals, is looking for an IT Security Analyst to join their dynamic, multicultural and multilingual organisation in The Hague.
The team is responsible for processes such as threat detection, incident response, threat intelligence, security monitoring, threat hunting, and vulnerability management, and security solutions management and maintenance.
You will take care of the daily cybersecurity incident detection, investigation, and response. You will look into reported security threats and take them from identification to eradication.
Job Profile for IT Security Analyst
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform incident analysis for escalated incidents L2 or L3
- Ensure adequate incident mitigation times
- Resolve complex problems and incidents by developing innovative solutions
- Keep the appropriate parties informed of progress on the problem resolution
- Coordinate technical work with other departments and functions
- Stay current on technologies supporting Security Operations Center operations and ensure familiarity with new technologies
- Initiate mitigation actions where required within the scope of knowledge
- Implement incident countermeasures in coordination with other internal groups as necessary
- Track security incidents to resolution
- Assist with incident escalation flow and ticket system integration processes
- Assist the company’s incident response team with incident management following the documented policies and procedures
- Work autonomously with minimal supervision
Candidate Profile forIT Security Analyst
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken. Fluency in Dutch is an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree program in a technical field such as Computer science, Management Information Technology (MIS), Engineering, and Mathematics is strongly preferred
- 2-3+ years of work experience in computing environment or Data Networking fields
- Able to analyse logs and other related data from various systems and identify signs of a breach or security incident; must have experience with incident detection, investigation, and response
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to proactively research and address emerging cybersecurity threats and issues
- Must exemplify strong analytical skills, consensus building, strong collaboration skills are crucial
- Able to prioritise and multitask
- Preferred but not a strong requirement:
- Experience within a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Experience with SIEM, SOAR, EDR and other security tools
- Familiarity with various network and host-based security applications and tools, such as network and host assessment/scanning tools
- Experience with a variety of operating systems, Windows/Linux/Unix in a functional capacity
- Advanced knowledge of general IT infrastructure systems or cloud services and how they work (Microsoft 365, VMware, etc.)
What Our Client Offers
- Opportunity to work in the number one oil company in the world
- Subsidised canteen
- Travel costs reimbursement
- Competitive salary
- 13th-month salary
- Opportunity to build a long-term and stable career
Already imagine yourself in this position? To make the first step, click Apply or email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team