Call: +31 (0)20 4069180
Our international client, one of the world’s foremost leadership advisory consulting firms, is now hiring a Knowledge Partner for their EMEA Board & CEO Practice in Amsterdam.
As expert advisers on candidate assessment and the CEO selection process with in-depth knowledge of best (and worst) practices on succession, our client is a firm uniquely qualified to assist boards with the important and complex task of CEO succession planning, helping organisations design a process that is effective, fair and credible.
The primary role of the Knowledge Partner is to provide strategic “hands on” business development and content creation support to the EMEA Board & CEO Practice and its members. The Knowledge Partner will be part of the Business Development Centre of Excellence (BDCOE). The BDCOE facilitates the development of marketing materials and strategic content that becomes a core competitive advantage that builds our Firm’s reputation as the preeminent global leadership advisory firm.
Job Profile for Knowledge Partner, Board & CEO Practice EMEA
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Business Development and Pursuit Support
- Serve as the go-to resource and the “face” of the BDCOE for the EMEA Board & CEO Practice, providing high-touch, hands-on support to consultants
- Facilitate business development support process and directing practice-aligned BDCOE analysts to develop research on key industry sectors, companies and executives for specific opportunities and proactive initiatives
- Partner closely with Board & CEO consultants to create insightful, customised qualification packs and pitch materials for new business development opportunities
- Develop a concrete understanding of the potential clients, including specific information regarding their industry, ‘value proposition’, competitive landscape, strengths & weaknesses, stock performance, etc. and use this information to customise our presentation approach
- Identify opportunities to leverage existing knowledge/insight/data/analytics to support new business
- Maintain current awareness of news and issues associated with key client engagements and market opportunities
Insights, Content Creation and Management
- Gather learnings from pitches and business development to share internally so as to ensure improvement of processes and pitch effectiveness
- Build and manage large data sets including data collection, maintain data quality and analysis to produce insights on board composition, board governance trends and director compensation
- Support strategic initiatives through tracking of top EMEA Boards & CEOs in order to systematically identify potential opportunities and develop relationships with Board, CEO and C-level executives
- Partner with the Marketing team to orchestrate intellectual capital developments in the practice, leveraging knowledge and trends to from BD support efforts to inform marketing strategies and plans
- Provide research/data/analysis/content to understand the practice’s competitive landscape and conducting research regarding white space and/or areas of potential growth
- Identify, highlight and communicate key talent challenges and trends, as well as key industry events, publications, and resources the practice should be aware of
Collaboration, Networking and Team Management
- Build and develop relationships and communicate with practice members, the BDCOE team and others in the firm to support business development initiatives
- Coach, motivate, and mentor BDCOE analyst team
Candidate Profile for Knowledge Partner, Board & CEO Practice EMEA
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken. Fluency of French is strongly preferred
- Undergraduate degree is mandatory; A master’s degree would be a plus
- 5+ years of consulting, professional services or executive/Board search experience is a must; ideally with a broad understanding of and passion for the Board and CEO structures
- Must have experience managing business development and content creation activities and processes, preferably in support of day-to-day, client-facing activities and meetings
- Must have a proven track record of creating compelling, insightful content, and the agility to imagine new and innovative ways of approaching insight creation
- Experience managing operational activities and processes is mandatory
- Must have excellent writing, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- A can do attitude and hands-on mentality
- Problem solving skills with a balance of creativity and strong analytical skills are a must
- Must have strong relationship building skills with a relentless client service orientation and the confidence and maturity to be a credible trusted partner to a sophisticated internal client base
What Our Client Offers
- Pension contribution
- Health insurance contribution
- 26 vacation days
- Travel expenses (for employees living 10klm away from office)
- To become part of a dynamic team in a highly international working environment
- Free in-house lunches
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team