Call: +31 (0)70 3117822
Our international client, a world leading organisation in the IT/Software market, is now hiring a Microscopy Lab – Sample Preparation Technician for their quantum lab in Delft.
Their research is focused on the development of new hybrid semiconductor-superconductor platforms to enable the application of Majorana bound states for topological quantum computing.
Material science and fabrication are the foundation and the enablers of qubit devices. They deal with complex stacks of different materials combined at the nanoscale and require state-of-the art metrology and in-depth morphological, structural and compositional analysis. Fabrication of qubit devices is a challenging, multi-step process pushing the boundaries of nanotechnology and nano-patterning techniques. You can play a key role in the development of ground-breaking approaches to quantum computing by helping to realise quantum devices well beyond the current state of the art. Electron beam lithography is a “working horse” for producing quantum devices.
We are looking for a dedicated experienced professional to operate our state-of-the art dual beam Focussed Ion Beam (FIB/SEM) equipment for transmission electron microscopy (TEM) sample preparation and nano-manipulation.
Job Profile for Microscopy Lab – Sample Preparation Technician
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform and optimise sample preparation for transmission electron microscopy using a focused ion beam (FIB) equipment (70%)
- Perform and optimise sample preparation other standard ways such as ultramicrotomy or mechanical thinning (20%)
- Develop or optimise protocols and recipes related to the state-of-the art sample preparation using related techniques and equipment (10%)
- Deliver Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) ready samples to other characterisation team members or external user
- Maintain an excellent information log of all sample preparation activities and communicate meaningful information to microscopy users
- Act as an enabler for a large materials and device research effort ultimately aimed at building the first quantum computer. You will be discovering new unique materials and be able to work in a dynamic environment with state-of-the-art equipment
Candidate Profile for Microscopy Lab – Sample Preparation Technician
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related – equivalent experience is also acceptable
- Experience in Focused Ion Beam (FIB) is mandatory and scanning electron microscopy (SEM) is desired
- Excellent knowledge of, and direct hands-on experience in focused-ion-beam assisted sample preparation techniques, ultra-microtomy scanning electron microscopy
- Able to write accurate short technical reports in English in a time effective manner
- Ability to quickly integrate and work in a multi-disciplinary, international team and effectively collaborate and communicate to meet the deadlines and deliver against program goals
- Beneficial: Ion beam sample preparation experience, standard mechanical polishing preparation, ultramicrotomy
- Experience within the semiconductor industry or in relevant materials research labs would be a plus
- Experience with lab management and hardware troubleshooting/maintenance in the field of electron/ion microscopy would be a plus
What Our Client Offers
- Work in a dynamic, international environment
- Be part of a passionate and driven team
- Travel allowance
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team