+31 (0)70 3117822
Our international client, a world-leading organisation in the IT/Software market, is now hiring a Nanofabrication System Engineer for their quantum lab in Delft.
Material science and fabrication are the foundation and the enablers of qubit devices. In their research, our client deals with complex stacks of different materials combined at the nanoscale and require high repeatability of fabrication processes. Fabrication of qubit devices is a challenging, multi-step process pushing the boundaries of nanotechnology and nano-patterning techniques. The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of their ground-breaking approach to quantum computing by helping to realise quantum devices with quality and control well beyond the current state of the art.
To improve their device continuously they are running a baseline for the device fabrication. We are searching for a fabrication process engineer that can contribute to the hands-on nanofabrication and report results on processes and devices outcome to the rest of the fabrication team.
Note: For this role, there would be work in the weekend. For example: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday schedule. The Tuesday can be swapped with Thursday. During the initial training (first 3-6 months) work would be in standard week schedule Monday – Friday. After the training period – almost every weekend would be in the weekly work schedule.
Job Profile for Nanofabrication System Engineer
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop nanofabrication processes and integrate them into a robust process flow for the fabrication of topological quantum devices
- Fabricate nano-electronic devices for topological computing applications
- Deliver fabrication reports of processes and/or device fabrication runs
- Follow standard operating procedures, maintain, and review process control charts, and troubleshoot fabrication issues on demand
- Train junior researchers/staff on cleanroom fabrication equipment
- Remote/Lab work is 20%/80% of the time
Candidate Profile for Nanofabrication System Engineer
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken. Fluency in Dutch is a plus
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Physics/Chemistry, Material Science or related field is required
- Minimum 2 years of industry, hands-on experience with nanofabrication of solid-state devices
- Experience with Electron Beam Lithography (EBL)
- Experience in metrology with tools such as Optical Microscopy and Scanning Electron Microscopes (SEM) as well as image processing for automated Critical Dimension (CD) measurements
- Experience in processing with III-V material systems is a plus
- Industry experience is a plus
- Ability to quickly integrate and work in a multi-disciplinary, international team and effectively collaborate and communicate to meet the deadlines and deliver against program goals
- Willing to work every weekend upon request
What Our Client Offers
- Work in a dynamic, international environment
- Be part of a passionate and driven team
- Travel allowance
- Work with state-of-the-art technology
- Be part of a team that changes the world
- Medical allowance
- 27 vacation days per year
Already imagine yourself in this position? To make the first step, click Apply or email us your CV at email@example.com
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team