Call: +31 (0)20 4069180
Our client, a leading boutique investment manager dedicated to securing a sustainable future, is now hiring a Corporate Secretary for their office in The Hague.
The company is a young and ambitious international organization with a mission to contribute to climate change mitigation and adaptation in emerging markets, as well as poverty reduction.
As part of the Company Secretariat, the Corporate Secretary will support the Managing Board in order to manage its reporting function with regard to the company and all applicable funds. This includes all related Secretarial Services, compliance in The Hague office and indirect oversight of related activities in the Funds, assets and committees across the regions.
Job Profile for Corporate Secretary
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Maintenance of statutory records:
- Prepare and plan board and investment committee meetings, which includes annual work plans and meeting schedules, timely circulation of board agendas and papers
- Draft and finalize minutes for all meetings (including but not limited to Annual General Meetings, Board Meetings, ad-hoc meetings and Committee Meetings)
- Maintain various registers regarding directors and officers
- Manage and advise guidance with respect to processes such as appointment, resignation and removal of directors and committee members
- Maintain the company’s share register
- Draft and file special resolutions, ordinary resolutions and directors’ resolutions to effect specific approvals required by the Board and ensure that the resolutions are signed in a timely manner as required
- Advice and assist directors and committee members in their fiduciary and other governance responsibilities by providing guidance on their duties and how to properly discharge them
- Ensure compliance with the Memorandum and Articles of Association and the Formation Agreements
- Guarantee adherence to the internal governance processes
- Review legislative and regulatory developments and ensure awareness of all relevant law and legislation
- Provide guidance and advice on good governance and changes in legislation
- Ensure company's details are accurate and meet legislative and regulatory requirements
- Providing Know Your Client information to third parties
Candidate Profile for Corporate Secretary
- Must be fluent in English, written and spoken. Dutch is highly desirable but not essential
- Must have a degree in Law or equivalent
- Must have 2 – 4 years of experience, preferably in a corporate and securities law environment
- Should have experience with coordinating and managing board meetings, experience with taking minutes is a must
- Should have experience and updated knowledge of compliance, including corporate governance and corporate housekeeping
- Ability to independently prepare agenda, draft minutes, compile and maintain secretarial records, company law and filings, supporting internal and statutory audit
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey information clearly and concisely to different levels in the organisation
- Ability to perform autonomously and excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in setting up systems and processes is preferred
- Demonstrate highest integrity (able to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information)
- Be technically proficient (advanced) in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Be devoted to quality and accuracy
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent team player
- Be integrative and service-oriented
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team