Call: +31 (0)70 3117822
Our international client, a world leading organisation in the IT/Software market, is now hiring a Device (IC) Product Design Engineer for their quantum lab in Delft.
The company has been studying quantum computing for several years and has become the world’s centre of expertise on topological quantum computing. At their Lab in Delft a team of material scientists, experimental and theoretical physicists and engineers works in collaboration with the global team on the design, fabrication, modelling and measurement of quantum devices. Their work is aimed at studying topological physics in new materials systems and developing and prototyping topological qubit devices. Device design plays a central role in the day to day activities of this multidisciplinary team.
We are looking for a design engineer with strong programming skills who will support this activity by turning conceptual drawings into parametrised machine readable CAD files while considering physics requirements and fabrication process capability.
Job Profile for Device (IC) Product Design Engineer
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
As a design engineer, you will support the creation of designs of quantum devices for the team in Delft, as well as provide the connection with the software development and modelling team in Redmond.
- Support the development and drive local adaptation of a parametric CAD design library that streamlines the creation of 2D designs of quantum devices
- Develop a library that automates the translation of 2D designs into a sequence of commands that can be consumed by fabrication hardware to generate physical devices
- Collect requirements from the local team and communicate those to the team in Redmond
- Use and develop custom design software to generate designs for quantum devices
Candidate Profile for Device (IC) Product Design Engineer
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Master of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree in any technical field
- Demonstrated experience with collaborative programming and software development using Python, including version control (Git)
- Experience with (parametric) CAD software (Klayout, AutoCAD, Cadence, FreeCAD, Open Cascade) and/or fabrication processes and process development kits is a plus
- Comfortable with performing activities as part of an agile multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment and collaborating to deliver against team goals
- Good communication skills and pragmatic mindset are required
What Our Client Offers
- The opportunity to join a team working on the most advanced research within the IT world
- Work in a dynamic, international environment
- Be part of a passionate and driven team
- 27 vacation days
- Travel allowance
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team