Call: +31 (0)70 3117822
Our international client, one of the world’s foremost leadership advisory consulting firms, is now hiring an Industrial Practice Manager focused on Global Industrial Practice in Amsterdam.
The Industrial Practice Manager will be the “Chief of Staff” to the global practice leadership team and will be a critical member of the firm’s Client Development Team, CDT. The “chief of staff’’ will focus on sharpening their ability to compete and win search and leadership advisory mandates. Under the direction of the CDT and Global Practice Leader, you will lead and drive progress against the practice’s main strategic initiatives.
If this role sounds interesting and exciting to you, please do not hesitate and apply today.
Job Profile for Industrial Practice Manager
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Strategic Thinking / Thought Partnership
- Partner with the Global Practice Leader, Regional / Global Sector Leaders to develop and fine tune the business strategy and plans for the practice across all regions and sectors
- Lead proactive analysis to identify trends, insights and whitespace that represent commercial opportunities for the Practice (bring an outside-in perspective and leverage best practices from other company’s Practices)
- Ensure near-term and long-term initiatives are focused on demonstrable growth of client and Firm impact
- Ensure ongoing integration of Leadership Advisory Services, Functional Practices and Cross-Border/Global work to the practice’s everyday activities
- Partner with Practice’s Marketing leader to identify and create provocative and commercially minded initiatives that will position the Firm/practice as a leadership advisory partner (intellectual capital strategy, convening events)
Business Development and Client Development Planning Support
- As a key member of the Firm’s newly created CDT, and in partnership with the Industrial Practice’s regional Client Development Managers (1 EMEA, 1 APAC) and Analysts, introduce best practices and ensure excellence in the practice’s approach to identifying commercial opportunities, creating compelling content, and preparing for pitches and proposals. This is not the role responsible for daily creation of “Commercial Material” in advance of a pitch; it is the role that ensures that unique insight exists in-house, and that the insight is presented in a way that will help attract new clients and expand relationships with executing clients
- Identify opportunities to leverage existing knowledge/insight/data/analytics to support BD and pursuit activities and locates opportunities to capture and promote knowledge from their client and internal network
- Monitor and report on the practice’s strategic client portfolio; ensure that frameworks and templates exist to improve the professional management of clients, and best practices are shared globally. Work closely with global sector leaders and strategic client leaders to ensure business development plans are executed on a timely basis
- Monitor and report on the practice’s broader client roster, with an eye toward identifying business development opportunities (geographies, functions, LAS, Private Equity)
- Monitor/track the opportunity pipeline (business development, potential new business opportunities), keeping a real-time pulse on business development activities and anticipated bookings across the practice
- Support Practice Leadership in the day to day operations, including – but not limited to – Practice Performance and metrics, budgeting, forecasting, outcome models, meeting planning, communication and onboarding of new colleagues
- Act as the practice liaison to the Firm, serving as a “go-to” resource and sharing/ promoting best practices across the network, actively contributing and participating in the global Practice Leadership and CDT community
- Partner with the finance team to drive all business analysis and planning for the practice, handling financials, reporting, ad hoc analysis, and presentations to the different company’s bodies/constituencies
- Partner with Global Practice Leader and practice leadership in the creation of plans, budgets and forecasts; actively monitors and reports on practice performance
- Support the execution of the Global Practice’s people plan for the CDT and consultant class (recruiting, onboarding, development, etc.), working in partnership with HR and practice leadership as needed
- Organise internal/external events, core group calls/meetings and global/regional practice meetings; create agendas for these meetings and prepares key presentations
Candidate Profile for Industrial Practice Manager
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken. Additional languages are an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree is required and a master’s degree would be a plus
- Must have at least 8 years of consulting or professional services experience. Ideally with experience in one or more key sector(s) in Industrial (Natural Resources, Process Industries, Infrastructure, Engineered Products & Solutions, and Transportation, Logistics & Services)
- Experience with managing business development activities and processes
- Experience working with a Client Strategy or Knowledge Management function is a plus
- Possess demonstrable experience of creating lasting impact in a client-facing organisation
- Experience with managing data/finance/performance reporting for a business, function or department
- Adopt a long-term perspective about the Industrial Practice, business segments and the long-term trends influencing the external environment. Develop hypotheses or alternative scenarios of how critical market dynamics will play out beyond the year, and use these to set challenging business development goals for the Practice
- Review financial and business development performance and progress on a regular basis, ensuring the Industrial leadership team integrating BD approaches / process improvements into their way of working
- Operate in a highly engaged and hands-on way, resolving conflicts by discussing individual issues with each person
- Take initiative to create and foster enduring relationships with senior leaders, practice members and corporate team members
- Excellent presentation, writing, PowerPoint and Excel skills are required
What Our Client Offers
- Pension contribution
- Health insurance contribution
- 26 vacation days
- Travel Expenses (for employees living more than 10 km away from the Office)
- To become part of a dynamic team in a highly international working environment
- Free in-house lunches
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team