+31 (0)20 4069 188
The game is on. Do you want to play a part?
Welcome to the realm of interactive entertainment. This quest aims to help our client – a video game company – to expand to Bulgaria. We are on the search for a brave Package Designer to help conquer multiple game distribution platforms. Is that you?
Our client does some inspiring work in the world of gaming. They have an in-house studio where a bunch of young and enthusiastic creatives put their hearts into crafting video games for all generations and platforms. Now they are channelling all this creative energy into expanding into new markets. Which led them to Bulgaria. The team is excited to open its first offices in this part of Europe where they are hoping to find talented people with a vision and grit. Right now, they are looking for two Package Designers. More about the role below.
Mission Script (Responsibilities)
Do you get excited by the idea of building experiences and telling stories through captivating and interactive package design? Are you an experienced graphic designer with a knack for creating attention-grabbing packaging materials?
You will conceptualise, design and execute packaging prototypes, using design elements such as shape, colour, graphics and typography.
As a package designer, you will guide the design process from beginning to end, from brainstorming to launch. You will also:
- Lead the design process for packaging materials for products, including brainstorming, sketching and creating prototypes
- Create packaging that is functional and appealing to the customers
- Get to know their products and clients’ need inside out
- Evaluate consumer and market trends for packaging materials
- Exercise your creativity and imagination while making sure to follow the existing design guidelines and game brand identity
- Rely on your visual design skills and create features that will be loved and recognised by millions of gamers
- Articulate your creative ideas to your team members and collaborate with other creative teams to create eye-catching designs
- Present designs to the clients and stakeholders using sketches and design software
- Ensure that our client’s brands are successfully represented
- Redesign prototypes based on feedback from clients, engineers and consumer safety groups
Skills Needed For This Quest
We are looking for someone who has a good design aesthetic, strong tech-savvy and the ability to bring concepts to life and tell a story. Some of the strongest weapons in your inventory will include:
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or industrial design is a plus
- Experience with package design, including creating dielines and prototypes
- Strong knowledge of creative tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, 3D software programs and photography
- A strong portfolio with a variety of samples that demonstrates your creativity, attention to detail and knowledge of the market and consumer trends
- Familiarity with different packaging materials is helpful
- Good time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills to quickly identify and rectify mistakes
- Strong interpersonal abilities and project management skills will be helpful when you are communicating across different departments and stakeholders
Our client has been in operation since 2002 and they have managed to foster a relaxed company culture that includes everyone. Not only will you get to be a part of a creative team that works on global-scale projects, but we can also guarantee:
- Working remotely
- A great and inclusive company culture
- Flexible working time
- A competitive salary package that corresponds to your skills and experience
- Gaming events/conventions
Do you wish to proceed (in this mission)?
Do you have what it takes?
Then we truly can’t wait to meet you! Apply by sending your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team