+31 (0)70 311 7822
Our client is a leading software and services enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. With 135 years of history, it is the world’s enterprise technology leader for restaurants, retailers, and banks. They create software, hardware, and services that run the enterprise from the back office to the front end and everything in between for them and their clients.
Currently, they are looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer – Retail Sales to join their team in Madrid, Spain.
Are you a Pre-Sales Engineer with the agility and the creativity to lead a comprehensive technical solution strategy, while addressing technology issues, assessing customer IT infrastructure and determining the technology needed to insure customer adoption of the proposed solution?
We’re seeking a versatile technical and business-oriented pre-sales consultant with experience developing business opportunities, building customer solution mapping, establishing C-level relationships with the customer’s technical leadership and working closely with the customer-facing teams. The primary objectives of this position are to drive increase in market share, revenue growth and increase in customer satisfaction.
As a Pre-Sales Engineer, you will partner with the Account Executive in planning and prioritising opportunities for utmost productivity and efficiency, while overseeing the Professional Services engagement at the right time with the right resources.
If you have proven experience in pre-sales/customer-facing/technical roles with 5+ years in the retail industry and exceptional customer-focus and bias for action, we want to talk to you.
Job Profile for Pre-Sales Engineer – Retail Sales
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Jointly create, manage, and execute account plans side by side with the Account Executives, by taking lead on key technical initiatives
- Be introduced to key technical stakeholders in each account, and create a solution plan according to initiatives and objectives
- Validate software, hardware, and services pricing and margins based on the scope of work
- Engage Professional Services in opportunities after forming a clear solution plan
- Monitor and report on market and competitor’s activities
- Communicate and report internally on opportunity status, and plan ahead using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Attend and present at customer meetings and internal sessions with other company functions, as necessary
- Influence buyers on product offering new/improved products/innovation within the industry
- Focus on upselling while acting as a technical advisor to customers within remit
- Influence product development and enhancements using gathered intelligence to enhance internal practices and processes, achieving genuine sales development
- Travel up to 50%
Candidate Profile for Pre-Sales Engineer – Retail Sales
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English, both written and spoken
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- 8+ years of experience in pre-sales/customer-facing/technical roles
- 5+ years of experience in Retail industry
- Deep understanding of Software Solutions
- Previous customer-facing experience selling software, hardware and services
- Experience working with large retailers as a service provider, software provider or consultant
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and self-driven motivated passion for the industry and products
- “Make it happen” team player
- Able to achieve organisational objectives through effective planning, punctuality, organizational, coordination, decision making, and time management skills
- Results-orientated with a positive outlook
- Clear focus on high quality and business profit
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Adaptable to change in a fast-moving environment
What Our Client Offers
- Travel allowance
- Medical insurance
- Phone costs/allowance
- Opportunity to work in an international, leading company
- Chance for a long-term career
Already imagine yourself in this position? To make the first step, click Apply or email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team