Call: +31 (0)20 4069180
Our international client, a world leading organisation in the IT/Software market, is now hiring a Process Engineer MBE Growth.
Their research is focused on the development of new hybrid semiconductor-superconductor platforms to enable the application of Majorana bound states for topological quantum computing. Material science and fabrication are the foundation and the enablers of qubit devices. They deal with complex stacks of different materials combined at the nanoscale and require state-of-the art metrology and in-depth morphological, structural and compositional analysis. Fabrication of qubit devices is a challenging, multi-step process pushing the boundaries of nanotechnology and nano-patterning techniques. You can play a key role in the development of their ground-breaking approach to quantum computing by helping to realize high-throughput and highly reproducible pre-patterned substrates to ensure continuation of epitaxial growth activities, such as molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) for realization of quantum devices with quality and control well beyond the current state of the art.
They are searching for an excellent nano-fabrication engineer to contribute to the development, fabrication and scaling up the pre-patterned substrates for epitaxial growth of qubit devices.
Job Profile for Process Engineer MBE Growth
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Define and execute routine substrate fabrication (nano-patterning) to support MBE growth activities
- Develop high-yield, reproducible nano-patterning recipes for substrate preparation and advance substrate engineering processes
- Prepare CAD drawings and schematics for mask designs as needed
- Monitor, control, and qualify the developed processes
- Coordinate with materials growers, device designers, cleanroom staff for an effective “substrate fabrication -> MBE growth reproducibility” feedback loop
- Communicate with external suppliers of wafers; order and catalogue wafer stock
- Submit machine shop orders for the custom fabrication of assemblies and parts to enhance throughput of substrate preparation
- Knowledge and recipes transfer to internal and external partners
- Integrate all fabrication data and defined metrics/procedures into program-wide database, as well as provide summary reports to the MBE team and post-fabrication, characterization, measurements teams for newly developed substrates
- Use critical thinking to solve complex problems
- Work in teams or independently as required
Candidate Profile for Process Engineer MBE Growth
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Have Master's degree or Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Have 1-2 years of experience in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, Nanotechnology or related disciplines
- Have at least 2 years of hands-on experience with E-beam (optical is a plus) lithography, clean room processing with an emphasis on thin films (< 10nm), deposition and dry/wet chemical etching
- Have hands-on experience with various deposition techniques such as PECVD, ALD, evaporation, as well as some metrology tools such as optical microscopy, AFM, SEM, profilometry, ellipsometry, etc.
- Experience with III-V material handling is a plus
What Our Client Offers
- Laptop & Mobile
- Open plan office with dedicated workspace
- Work in a dynamic, international environment
- Be part of a passionate and driven team
- 27 vacation days
- Travel allowance
- Café on location
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team