+31 (0)70 3117822
Our prestigious client, a fast-growing global leader in industrial construction machinery throughout Europe and Asia, is looking for a Production Control Planner to join their international team in Almere.
This position has the responsibility to create, review, amend, and maintain attainable and effective production schedules for assigned products and product families. The production control planner is expected to utilise system tools inclusive of material requirements planning and capacity planning to ensure that the supply chain is effective in meeting the needs of our sales department while maintaining required delivery and inventory goals.
The position requires the coordination of several aspects of the manufacturing process with our client’s partner third party assembly facility, from parts ordering to shipping of complete product. The production control planner has a significant impact on sales and shop floor activity and therefore must be a creative (out of the box) thinker with sound decision-making ability that acts with the sales department in mind.
Job Profile for Production Control Planner
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for compiling, modifying and issuing production orders to third party manufacturing facility in the Netherlands, by using SAP system
- Communicates daily with Sales Team for production order intake, processing, troubleshooting
- Responsible for planning of and maintaining production schedule and communicating with third party Dutch assembly facility regarding said schedule
- Communicates directly with our client’s factories in Japan and China regarding supply chain, quotation request, parts ordering, materials status, engineering changes and other items
- Tracks progression of production orders, investigates factors that affect schedules, and modifies plans as necessary
- Reviews and maintains SAP data integrity inclusive of routings and Bill of Material accuracy
- Analyses forecasted demand to ensure safety stock and strategic inventory levels on finished goods are maintained
- Manages and maintains optimal inventory levels ensuring uninterrupted supply of parts to manufacturing facility, coordinates with third-party assembler for optimal use of warehouse
- Parts damage management, working closely with Quality Assurance manager to ensure timely order of necessary parts for repair
- Executes MRP and issues purchase requisitions to parts suppliers daily
- Expedites critical orders throughout the supply chain
- Informs management of potential production problems and assists in the implementation of both short- and long-term solutions
- Communicates and coordinates with third-party assembly facility person in charge to ensure production and shipping schedule adherence and recovery, if required
- Initiates and participates in continuous improvement activities related to production planning, customer service and inventory management. Participate as required in problem-solving teams, kaizen events, cross-functional committees, and multi-discipline initiatives
- Performs other related functions as required to achieve department and site objectives
Candidate Profile for Production Control Planner
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university OR Associate's Degree with at least 5 years of experience in supply chain, scheduling, production control OR Dutch HBO – Bachelor’s degree in Applied Sciences
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in supply chain, scheduling, production control in manufacturing industry
- Proficient with MS Office
- Working knowledge of SAP (or other ERP system), Bill of Material (BOM), Materials Requirement Planning (MRP), manufacturing procedures and workflow and shop capacity
- Excellent presentation, communication and organisational skills
- Proficient financial skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
What Our Client Offers
- Travel costs reimbursed
- 25 vacation days per year based on full-time hours
- A challenging position in a multi-cultural and international company
- Pension plan
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team