+31 (0)70 338 4425
Our client’s technology enriches the lives of millions of online users every day. The company has developed social platforms and digital products for everyone who likes to socialise, play games, listen to music or watch TV. They are on their way to global expansion and are committed to investing in talent and technological innovations.
We are seeking a talented Public Affairs Manager to join their Global Public Policy team in Amsterdam.
The purpose of the Global Public Policy team is to proactively identify and implement public policy positions. Furthermore, they support the business by providing thought leadership across a number of issues, such as intellectual property, entertainment, data privacy and security, advertising, international trade and industry partnerships, among others.
Job Profile for Public Affairs Manager
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Comply with all laws and regulations within government relations activities and across the organisation
- Manage complexity and provide insights and understanding of domestic and larger geopolitical issues to effectively solve problems
- Review and interpret legislative text, regulations and policy proposals, and prepare regular summaries and analyses of government and related policy proposals
- Conduct advocacy efforts for government relations in the U.S., the country of assignment, or international region at all levels of government. This includes, for example, formulating advocacy plans that identify issues, stakeholders, timelines for action, and communication opportunities to drive positive results, and monitor progress
- Work collaboratively with and leverage the expertise of the Global Public Policy team, Legal, and the Business units to ensure alignment with the company’s short and longer-term goals and objectives
- Engage and work closely with industry partners, trade associations and other organisations to support the business and common industry positions
- Exercise sound judgment and business/political acumen to drive effective and persuasive public policy strategies
- Provide effective communication, both in business writings and in oral communications
- Prepare or assist with position papers, white papers, testimony, public comment responses, proposed legislation, internal policies and other similar activities to support effective government affairs and public policy positions in the market
- Work with honesty, integrity and authenticity at all times
Candidate Profile for Public Affairs Manager
- Must be fluent in Dutch and English, both written and spoken. Fluency in other languages, such as Mandarin, German, French, Spanish and others is advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree required, with an advanced degree (such as a Master’s or JD) being desirable
- At least 3 years of experience in policy, advocacy, international relations or lobbying, which can include service as congressional staff or executive branch staff
- Understanding of domestic politics, as well as broader geopolitical issues, trends and drivers
- Collaborative and able to work well both as part of a team and independently in a global, multi-cultural and virtual environment
- Effective research and presentation skills
- Able to take ownership for delivering projects with a high degree of autonomy and manage multiple, highly complex projects simultaneously
- Experience in both government or private sector organisations is acceptable
- Experience with the primary areas (data privacy, cybersecurity, game policies) will be considered an advantage
- A high degree of autonomy and able to travel
What Our Client Offers
- 25 vacation days
- Pension plan
- Opportunity for occasional travel, both domestic and international
- Travel costs reimbursement
- Laptop and mobile
- Remote work flexibility
- Extensive training
- Modern office environment
Already imagine yourself in this position? To make the first step, click Apply or email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team