+31 (0)70 3117822
Who Are We?
With over 30 years of experience, Blue Lynx is a recognised market leader in the niche sector of multilingual Talent Acquisition and HR solutions. We work for international businesses in the Netherlands and abroad. Our clients, candidates and in-house staff are Dutch, Bulgarian and internationals who share a globally oriented mindset.
Blue Lynx has a great reputation thanks to the professionalism and work ethic of its fun multicultural team – a group of people who are passionate about what they do and share the Blue Lynx core values, mission and vision. Sounds like a team you would like to join? Great – we are hiring a Senior Finance Specialist, so keep reading if you are interested in what this position involves.
Job Profile for Senior Finance Specialist
You will be an integral member of the back-office team based in The Hague working alongside the other back-office team members who are based in both The Hague and Varna, Bulgaria. You will be part of a team consisting of the HR Director, Operations Manager, 2 HRBP’s and the Senior Finance Assistant. You will be reporting to the Operations Manager. The back-office team takes care of all Finance, HR, Operations and Facilities matters for both Blue Lynx offices and for the 3 pillars of our organisation – contracting (uitzend), corporate (in-house) and HR services (external projects).
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Execution of all Finance-related activities in the Netherlands and Bulgaria:
- Monthly bookkeeping, bank reconciliations, remittance statements, invoices, etc., in the online accounting software
- Monthly invoicing – Accounts Receivables for all entities
- Accounts Payable bookkeeping and data entry
- Monthly timesheets and expense claims review and processing
- Monthly salary administration and payroll, including salary administration reports and financial reports
- Financial budgeting and forecasting, cost-benefit and risk analysis
- Ensuring proper administration and updates in all finance-related databases and spreadsheets
- NEN Audit (industry certification demonstrating high standards) – requirements/preparation and providing support on audit dates (bi-yearly)
- Preparation and submission of VAT
- Month-end and year-end financial close
- Completing financial data analysis and issue resolution
- Utilising Clients’ MSP (Managed Service Providers) systems for all matters related to contractors’ employment details, invoicing and payments
- Providing support on all daily finance related queries, including clients’ rates, chasing payments, cost analysis, etc.
- Streamlining processes and procedures within the back-office team – continuous improvement and cost savings
- Liaison with our external Accountants and Lawyers in both the Netherlands and Bulgaria for all financial matters
- Financial Projects for clients in both the Netherlands and Bulgaria
Candidate Profile for Senior Finance Specialist
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken. Dutch is a significant advantage
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum 5 years of Finance experience
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel skills
- Excellent telephone manners
- Experience with databases or online tools/platforms
- Experience using Accounting Software, preferably Exact
- Comfortable to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong organisational skills and can prioritise effectively and efficiently
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Experience working remotely or with remote teams is an advantage
- Communicates and comprehends information quickly, accurately, clearly and concisely
- People person with strong social skills, adaptability and empathy
- Proactive and has a can-do attitude
- Problem-solver and outside-the-box thinker
- Experience in a recruitment agency is an advantage
- Experience with HR and Dutch and/or Bulgarian labour law is an advantage
What Blue Lynx Offers
- Competitive salary in line with experience
- 40-hour work week
- 25 paid vacation days and all Dutch National bank holidays
- Assistance with travel costs to and from work
- Flexibility to work from home both during and after the Covid pandemic
- Monthly company performance-based bonus scheme eligibility
- Annual company performance-based bonus eligibility
- Recruitment referral bonus scheme eligibility
- Joining an established international organisation with 2 offices in 2 countries
- Ongoing training and mentoring
- Flat hierarchical organisation, young and vibrant working environment
- Lots of room to grow as an individual and grow within the team and organisation
- Fun company social events (post Covid)
Already imagine yourself in this position? To make the first step, click Apply or email us your CV at email@example.com
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team