Call: +31 (0)70 3117822
Our international client, a non-profit educational foundation, is now hiring a Senior Policy Research Manager to join their international team in The Hague.
This international organisation works with schools in 145 countries to develop and offer challenging programmes to students. Their goal is to help them develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalising world.
The Senior Policy Research Manager is a new and important role that contributes thought leadership and senior level advice through monitoring education policy trends, significant legislative developments, education innovations, and major research outcomes globally. Using appropriate research methods and analysis techniques, the Senior Policy Research Manager provides high quality papers that capture and synthesise key issues of concern, establishes connections and implications for programmes and schools, and proposes recommendations to inform strategic planning, decision-making and programme development. Furthermore, they create position documents that project publicly the organisation’s stance on various contemporary education topics and will represent the company on these topics in a range of external forums.
Job Profile for Senior Policy Research Manager
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Create a strategic agenda, in consultation with the head of research and senior leadership, for rapid and continuous policy research that actively supports the organisation’s knowledge interests and senior leadership decision making
- Identify appropriate processes and procedures for scanning, monitoring and interpreting major developments and trends on prioritised education issues, innovations and trends
- Identify effective knowledge translation and dissemination activities that will support senior leadership and other stakeholders, awareness and engagement with prioritised education issues, innovations and trends
- Undertake continuous scanning, monitoring and analysis of education issues and trends aligned to the organisation’s knowledge interests
- Provide presentations, briefing papers and reports to senior leadership that summarise key details of educational issues and trends, identify relevant opportunities, impact implications for schools worldwide; where relevant, give recommendations and response options
- Develop and maintain networks of key global actors and manage external consultations to inform the development of internal presentations, memos, briefing papers and policy documents
- Work with senior leadership, and other staff, to produce policy statements, position papers and various written and electronic media that project publicly the stance on a range of contemporary education topics
- Articulate, advocate and promote policy perspectives at external functions, including conferences and meetings and various government and non-governmental seminars
- Represent the Research Department on internal committees, working groups and other collaborations as required
- Engage in internal dissemination activities, including the writing of articles and presenting sessions that synthesise complex information and ideas into clear, concise, and accessible written materials and presentations
- Provide guidance and leadership to 2-3 programme development research managers
Candidate Profile for Senior Policy Research Manager
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken. Other languages are an advantage
- PhD in education policy, education administration, curriculum and instruction or a closely related field within education (mandatory)
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience; working experience with policy analysis is a must
- Strong background in educational research methods
- Knowledge of a variety of school systems, particularly those in international settings
- Proven capacity for communicating complicated policy analysis quickly and clearly in written and spoken forms to senior leadership and to external groups
- Ability to create and maintain senior level networks and relationships with external parties
- Ability to represent the organisation at meetings and conferences
- Exceptional organisation skills, including the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment within and across departments and divisions
- Management and supervisory skills, experience with problem analysis and decision making, and administrative policies and procedures
- Ability to work effectively with the leadership team and staff on projects of high importance to senior leadership
What Our Client Offers
- Travel costs reimbursed
- Health insurance contribution
- 25 vacation days
- Flexible working hours
- Pension contribution
- Relocation assistance
- Gym and bicycle scheme
- Possibility to purchase annual leave
- Professional growth trainings
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team