Call: +31 (0)20 4069180
Our international client, a world leading organisation in the IT/Software market, is now hiring a Software Development Engineer to join their team in Delft.
You will have the unique opportunity to work in a team which is focused on researching the development of new hybrid semiconductor-superconductor platforms to enable the application of Majorana bound states for topological quantum computing.
A unique opportunity to use your experimental physics background and your passion for programming in the same job. QCoDeS (http://github.com/qcodes/qcodes) is a Python package used by physics laboratories around the world. In this position, you will work closely with a team of experimental physicists to help them optimise their experiments using QCoDeS.
Job Profile for Software Development Engineer
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop new QCoDeS features in Python, using packages such as SQLite and RabbitMQ
- Respond to pull requests and issues in GitHub
- Work with experimentalists to help them improve their experiment scripts
- Help physicists learn QCoDeS and Python
- Help them write faster and more sophisticated experiment scripts, developing new QCoDeS device drivers and utilities, and contributing to the QCoDeS project
Candidate Profile for Software Development Engineer
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Must have a Masters degree or Ph.D. in the field of experimental physics
- Lab experience is a must
- 3+ years’ experience of Python 2.x programming
- Have experience with RabbitMQ
- Be familiar with open source ecosystem tools such as GitHub, Codacy, and Travis
- Optimally, 1+ years’ experience working on a team that provides software tools to scientists
- Technical leadership experience
- Coaching experience is advantageous
- Be willing to work with open source community outreach
- Provide adequate and timely customer support
What Our Client Offers
- Opportunity to work on the next revolution in computing – quantum computing
- Work in a dynamic, international environment
- Be part of a passionate and driven team
- 27 vacation days
- Travel allowance
- Café on location
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team