Call: +31 (0)20 4069180
Our international client, a world leading organisation in the IT/Software market, is now hiring a Technical Lab/Site Manager.
The organisation is exploring ways to build a full-scale quantum computer. To support this development effort, the company is looking for a highly motivated individual to organise, maintain and improve their Quantum Lab experimental laboratory in Delft, The Netherlands. The ideal candidate is familiar in at least two of the areas of research: lab equipment infrastructure & setup, mechanical/electrical engineering, cryogenics or Cleanroom nano-fabrication. The scope includes managing lab improvements, maintenance & expansions, as well as working with the University and our equipment suppliers to guarantee equipment up time and access to all lab facilities.
This position is for a Technical lab manager who will help organise and maintain their lab infrastructure. This will be critical to support our experimental work and we are located on campus of Delft University of Technology.
In addition, to managing lab spaces the responsibility will also include interaction with our suppliers for scheduled maintenance, immediate repair and upgrade work.
Their lab is among the largest Quantum labs in Europe and will provide the candidate with many opportunities to make a positive impact in highly dynamic environment of scientist and engineers trying to push the boundaries of Quantum computing.
Job Profile for Technical Lab/Site Manager
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Work schedule is full time
- Ensure operational excellence
- Lab improvements, repairs, problem solving, new installations, and maintenance
- Interface with the University, TNO and other MSFT sites and teams, keeping us in the loop and up to date
- Actual project and personnel management. Laying out timelines, tracking project status, following up on milestones etc.
- Help keep track of our various projects and where we are at with each need more attention
- Reports to local site Project Manager (=sponsor)
Candidate Profile Technical Lab/ Site Manager
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. Dutch is highly desirable
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Physics, STEM field or related field (open to other science-based degrees but prefer semiconductor physics background)
- 3+ years’ experience of site management – research – lab management
- Program manager skills to maintain order and business of complex technical lab operations
- Previous Project Management experience desirable, PMP certificate preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Interest in solving technical problems that require collaboration across different skill sets; technicians, engineers, researchers
- Highly organised, Efficient, timely, and precise
- Strong communication skills
- Track record of delivery and drive for results
- Collaborative multi-tasker who is able to effectively juggle and manage competing priorities and tasks
What Our Client Offers
- Laptop & Mobile
- Open plan office with dedicated workspace
- Work in a dynamic, international environment
- Be part of a passionate and driven team
- 27 vacation days
- Travel allowance
- Café on location
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team