Call: +31 (0)20 4069180
Our international client, a world leading organisation in the IT/Software market, is now hiring a Thin Film Process Engineer.
Their research is focused on the development of new hybrid semiconductor-superconductor platforms to enable the application of Majorana bound states for topological quantum computing.
Material science and fabrication are the foundation and the enablers of qubit devices. They deal with complex stacks of different materials combined at the nanoscale and require state-of-the art metrology and in-depth morphological, structural and compositional analysis. Fabrication of qubit devices is a challenging, multi-step process pushing the boundaries of nanotechnology and nano-patterning techniques. You can play a key role in the development of our ground-breaking approach to quantum computing by helping to realize quantum devices with quality and control well beyond the current state of the art.
One of the main components of their quantum devices is high-quality gate dielectrics. They are searching for an experienced thin film process engineer to implement a deposition and
a quality control of thin films to complement our team.
Job Profile for Thin Film Process Engineer
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Work with ALD and PECVD machines. Develop the processes for deposition of dielectric films and preparing documentation of developed recipes for the users
- Implement the quality control of the films with such methods as ellipsometry stress, CV or MOSCAP measurements
- Set up a quick deposition – quality evaluation feedback loop
- Weekly evaluations
- Interact with Kavli Nanolab clean room staff for the machine’s status/maintenance. Communicate the status of the machines, processes stability and films quality to other team members
Candidate Profile Thin Film Process Engineer
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Bachelor in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, Nanotechnology or related disciplines
- Have at least 2 years in depth knowledge and direct experience in developing process recipes with ALD and/or PECVD techniques. Understand the concepts of advanced process development and process quality control
- Must have knowledge of high-k dielectrics (such as AlOx and/or HfOx)
- Have experience in metrology methods, such as ellipsometry and stress meter. Advance user level is a requirement
- Experience with AFM, CV or MOSCAP measurements is a plus
- Experience with III-V materials is desire
- Have industrial trainings, courses for ALD or PECVD techniques is a plus
- Ability to quickly integrate and work in a multi-disciplinary, international team and effectively collaborate and communicate to meet the deadlines and deliver against program goals
What Our Client Offers
- Laptop & Mobile
- Open plan office with dedicated workspace
- Work in a dynamic, international environment
- Be part of a passionate and driven team
- 27 vacation days
- Travel allowance
- Café on location
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team