Call: +31 (0)70 3117822
Our client is building the next generation travel company. They are looking to expand their Travel Success department and are looking for a Travel Success Specialist. They are a team of experienced travel entrepreneurs based in Palo Alto, California and recently central Amsterdam. They are on a mission to improve the way people plan travel. They previously built leading travel apps including TripAdvisor and EveryTrail, and since 2015 they’ve been working on their next big adventure. In the past they have built some of the world's most successful travel apps, with hundreds of millions of users. However, while they like today's online travel products, they feel that something is missing so they started working on a new idea. Since they are a young, fast-growing company there will be many opportunities to grow with them.
If you’re passionate about travel and customer service, have excellent communication skills and have lots of energy to help people plan amazing trips, this may be your dream job!
Job Profile for Travel Success Specialist
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
As a Travel Success Specialist, you partner with the traveller on their quest to plan and have the perfect trip. You must be passionate to make sure every traveller who plans their trip with our client will have an amazing experience. The traveller success team ensures that travellers have everything they need while they plan their trips with our client’s local travel specialists, their questions get answered, and they have a great experience during all phases of their trip: planning & booking, pre-trip, in-trip, and after they return.
Candidate Profile for Travel Success Specialist
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Be highly organised: Able to keep track of many different trip planning conversations simultaneously, and prioritize as necessary
- Have attention to detail: Travel planning consists of many small (and big) details
- Be able to help our client’s local specialists make sure detail is taken care of, every question is answered and every request is taken into consideration
- Remain reliable & consistent: You have a strong track record of delivering what you set out to do and you have a habit of letting people know when unexpected delays happen
- Have great communications skills: Both verbally (phone calls) as well as written
- Stay humble & honesty: You’re comfortable with the fact that you don’t have all the answers, you are eager to learn and always happy to ask a colleague in case the situation calls for it
- Feel empathy: You are great at putting yourself in the traveller’s shoes and understanding what they mean with questions (that are sometimes formulated ambiguously), you are proactively checking in and providing information related to possible concerns, etc
- Love and understanding of travel: You appreciate that there are many different travel styles
- Have good intuition for trip plans: Even though you do not know every single destination in the world, you are able to understand what kind of trip someone is looking for and help make the right connection with a travel specialist in the clients network
- Have coaching and feedback skills: You are able to build relationships with our clients local travel specialists and help them provide better support to our travellers
What Our Client Offers
- Great opportunity to work in a fast growing next generation travel company
- Be one of the first team members to join the Amsterdam team
- Great travel opportunities to clients office in California and other trip destinations
- Opportunity to grow within the organisation
- Work in a dynamic international team
- Travel costs are paid
Reference and diploma checks are a standard part of the Blue Lynx recruitment procedure. Candidates are requested to provide these details in their application.
Thank you for your application with Blue Lynx. Due to the volume of applications we cannot respond to everyone. Therefore, when you have not had a call or email from one of the Blue Lynx Recruiters within 5 working days your CV has not been selected. Please register with Blue Lynx when you have not already done so, click Register Online
You can email queries and question to email@example.com.
For a broader picture of Blue Lynx and all published vacancies please visit www.bluelynx.com.
Kind regards, The Blue Lynx Team